NZ Bursary Fund
The Social Enterprise World Forum 2017 and its host organisation, Ākina Foundation, are excited to announce the NZ Bursary Fund. Recognising cost as a barrier to attendance, this fund will assist and enable diverse participation, capacity building, and increasing the connectivity of New Zealand’s leading social entrepreneurs at SEWF 2017. Thanks to the generous contributions of our Bursary Fund Partners, we expect that we’ll be able to financially support approximately 180 social entrepreneurs and practitioners in New Zealand to attend and participate at SEWF 2017.
If you are
Working in a social enterprise within New Zealand or aspiring to make an impact in the sector and in need of financial assistance in order to attend SEWF 2017
You have until 30 April to apply for
1 free ticket for SEWF 2017
A $300 NZD voucher for your accommodation
Up to $150 NZD to support your travel costs
To ensure the fund is distributed where it is needed most to maximise impact, applicants will be required to meet the below criteria:
- Be working in a social enterprise in New Zealand, and/or
- Have previously worked in the social enterprise sector in New Zealand, and/or
- Have the potential to make a big impact in the sector in New Zealand
- Committed to making a contribution to SEWF 2017, and/or
- Desire to give back to their community through social enterprise
- Have a genuine need for financial assistance.
Details about the application process
Who’s the Bursary Fund for?
To give you a better idea of what we’re looking for, we seek equal representation across:
- Geographic Regions
- Cultural divides
- Types of social enterprises
- Impact area
What will the Bursary Fund cover?
The fund will cover:
- 1 ticket for SEWF 2017
- A $300 NZD voucher for your accommodation (if needed) and
- Up to $150 NZD for your travel costs (if needed)
- The fund will not cover sundry costs such as food or local travel.
- Assistance will be limited to one person per applying social enterprise.
What’s the timeframe?
Applications are now open.
Applications will close on Sunday, 30 April - 11:59PM.
We will notify successful applicants no later than the 5th of June.
What if I’m not a New Zealand social enterprise?
The SEWF 2017 Bursary Fund is possible thanks to the generous support of…